We hold monthly board meetings at the HERO Center, 3191 Hartland Road in Hartland, every 2nd Monday at 7:00 pm which are open to the public. Meetings for 2023: January 9, February 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, October 9, November 13, and December 11.
We need volunteers!
- Land stewardship – working outside helping monitor conditions and perform maintenance like invasive species removal or signage installation.
- Fundraising – help with our annual fundraiser – Land on the Horizon, or brainstorm new ways for raising monies.
- Special projects – we have a Pollinator Project at the Charles & Albert Parker Families Nature Preserve next to the Brighton District Library. Spring through Fall, we are removing invasive plants, installing more natives, and working on a solarization area to remove stubborn turf grass so it can be restored.
- Outings – help conduct an informative hike or bird walk, etc., on one of our preserves to get the public engaged on our properties.
- Marketing – help spread the word about the Conservancy and what we do.
- Become a member for $25 – you can vote for the board of directors and even run as a candidate!
- Grant writing – research for eligible grants and then help with the writing and implementation.